Saturday, April 27, 2019

A CAMBRIA ANNIVERSARY GET-AWAY - The Last Supper



A CAMBRIA ANNIVERSARY GETAWAY
The Last Supper 

After we watched the sun set on our hotel balcony ...

... we headed out for our last supper in Cambria.  We chose The Sow's Ear, a lovely restaurant owned by Tony and Mica Garcia.

After checking out the various rooms in the restaurant (I'm a decorating snoop and love to see the design choices in hotels, restaurants, wineries - people's homes...)...



 Mica showed us to a romantic table for two by the window.  And, as we checked out the wine list and menu, piping hot Flower Pot bread - a dark and sourdough roll cooked together in a terra cotta flower pot- suddenly appeared at our table.


We decided on an Edna Valley 2016 Baileyana Firepeak  Pinot Noir, which was the perfect (and delicious) choice for the entrees we ordered.


 Happy anniversary to us!!!



Richard opted for the fisherman's stew - a variety of fish and shellfish stewed in the restaurant's chef's own vermouth sauce, tossed with pasta, tomatoes and herbs and topped with Parmesan cheese.  He was a happy guy.



My choice:  coffee crusted American Kobe top sirloin, topped with a port wine glaze and blue cheese, served with buttermilk mashed potatoes and an assortment of veggies. I was in culinary heaven.


Happy and sated, we lingered over our wine before returning to our hotel.  Dinner at The Sow's Ear was the perfect ending to a lovely two day anniversary getaway.

Til next time, Cambria.


The Sow's Ear
2248 Main Street
Cambria, CA  93428
805-927-4865

www.thesowsear.com













6 comments:

kdmask said...

I've never heard of Cambria CA! This place looks awesome -- love the name!

Susan L. said...

I would have gone with your entree, myself. Sounds like the perfect ending to a romantic getaway.

Sandra Lewin said...

Sounds like a wonderful Anniversary day. Loved your dinner choice, probably what I would have ordered. Although the Fish Stew sounded good too, but then I really only get excited about fish dishes when I am in Gloucester/Rockport. Headed there soon. Take care you two.Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! Judy

Anonymous said...

I love Cambria. Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. It is rare to fine a happy couple celebrating an anniversary past 5 years! Good for you!
Jill

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Perfectly written! I
have been browsing online more than 4 hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made
good content as you did, the net will be a lot
more useful than ever before. Hello there!
I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before
but after looking at some of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
Nonetheless, I’m certainly pleased I discovered it
and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often! http://starbucks.com