Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SWIMMING UPSTREAM - Salmon Epinard







SWIMMING UPSTREAM
Salmon Epinard


I love spinach!  I love walnuts!  I love roasted red bell peppers!  I’m not in love with fish. Not even salmon. I like salmon, okay, but that “like” has never turned into “love.” But…. I’d swim upstream for salmon epinard.

Richard and I first had this dish a couple of years ago when we visited my cousin Linda and her husband, John.  She loves to find new dishes to serve us… well, to serve Richard, really. They share a love for cooking.  John and I share a love for eating good cooking.

On an earlier visit Richard had made Giada’s salmon with minted pea puree in lemon broth (a salmon dish I love, I admit)…


…so Linda was thrilled when she discovered this new salmon recipe, and couldn’t wait to try it out on us.  We loved it!  So much so, Richard has added this dish to his favorite recipes “for company”… though he did make it just for me, the other night.

Whether you love salmon or like it… I soooooooo recommend you give this recipe a try.  You won’t be disappointed.



SALMON EPINARD

Ingredients:


1 teaspoon olive oil
2 oz. spinach
1 teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
¼ cup fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Cooking spray
4 salmon filets
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Line baking sheet with foil, lightly spray.

Cook spinach in oil and zest, stir in roasted peppers, basil and walnuts.


Cut slit in salmon for pocket and stuff it with the cooked spinach mixture.


Baste with mustard

Stir remaining ingredients and sprinkle over fish

Lightly spray

Bake 10 – 12 minutes.

Then serve and enjoy!!!  

No comments: