Wednesday, November 27, 2019

5 THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME



FIVE THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME


The Holidays are coming and what better hostess gift than a book.  Wine soon disappears down the gullet, albeit often pleasantly, flowers die... ah, but a book lasts forever.  So why not one of mine.... or both.  

Check out "Freeze Frame" a political thriller that takes place in Manhattan... 
 
 
...or "White Gloves & Roy Roys" a murder mystery which also takes place in Manhattan, but this book's time period is the 1930's and 1968.



 Both are on Amazon (White Gloves is also on Barnes & Noble), Kindle and ebooks.

For all of you who have followed my blog, here are 5 Things you may not know about me:

1. I'm an ex-dancer

2. As an artist (as well as a writer), I was hired to repair a religious mural on the ceiling of a Catholic cathedral in the Brooklyn Navy yard when I was 17.  Four scaffolds up!!!  I pretended it was the Sistine Chapel.  I started right after Thanksgiving and the church was often filled with beautiful voices singing seasonal hymns as the choir practiced for the Christmas masses while I was hanging from the ceiling painting.

3. I love cheeseburgers, hot dogs and pizza (well, you probably knew that) and write a food and drink column for the Ojai Quarterly magazine - what you might not know is that my heroines in both my books are foodies of sorts as they run for their lives or seek revenge.

4. Mysteries and certain political thrillers are my favorite reading genres (well, I do write them, after all), but my favorite authors are Pat Conroy and John Irving.

5. I pay homage to Radio City Music Hall in my lst book, the Manhattan political thriller, "Freeze Frame" and to the Schrafft's restaurants in my latest book, "White Gloves & Rob Roys



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome kind of life!

Susan L. said...

I knew all but #2 about you!!!

richard camp said...

Love these moments... and your books!