Monday, August 31, 2015

LOMBARDY - It's a Tree. It's a Hotel. It's a Region in Italy... It's a Chicken Dish





LOMBARDY
It's a Tree.  It's a NY Hotel.  It's a Region in Italy...
It's a Chicken Dish
 
 
And it's a great chicken dish.
Y'all know I love chicken.  The number of blogs I've written on chicken rival my blog output on cheeseburgers, but when Richard made this dish for me the other night, the first thing I said after my first bite was: "I have to blog about this."  The second thing I said after my second bite: "You can make this for company."

So can you.





SOUTHERN LIVING'S
CHICKEN BREASTS LOMBARDY


Ingredients:

1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
8 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted and divided
1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup green onions

Directions:

Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter slowly.  Set aside.


Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/8 inch thickness, using a meat mallet. 


Dredge each chicken in flour and brown each side over medium heat until golden, about 3-4 minutes in butter.


Place chicken in lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, overlapping edges. Sprinkle mushrooms over chicken.  Put aside.


Reserve pan drippings in skillet.  Add cooking wine and broth to pan drippings. 


Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes.  

Stir in salt and pepper.  Pour sauce evening over chicken.

Combine cheeses and green onions;


Sprinkle over chicken.


Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Serves 6 - 8

Plate.

Bon appetit!


 

2 comments:

bobsaari said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Ilona, I cannot wait to try this! Sounds divine! Thank you! Love, Sally